OV-1 Mohawk NASA versions
S/N 62-5880 N512NA one of four believed asigned to NASA at Langly Field circa 1979
Photo taken at old English Field, Amarillo, Texas circa 1990's.
OV-1 Mohawk Army versions
The Grumman OV-1 Mohawk First flight April 14, 1959 Developed as an armed
military observation and attack aircraft for battlefield surveillance and light
strike capabilities. A twin turboprop configuration, carried two crewmembers
side by side seating. The Mohawk was intended to operate unimproved runways
in support of Army maneuvers.
OV-1 Mohawk (de-mil'd) N512NA
The only OV-1 ever painted in NASA colors and used as a test aircraft
was relocated from old English Field to Tradewind Airport 1n 2008 and
later to the Texas Air Museum in Snyder, Texas.
This story and many like it are in Marvin Arnold's book
Return to Airplane Page