WORKING TITLE: HE THINKS HE'S ELVIS
BY: MARVIN ARNOLD
1. Mrs. Presley, poor white trash cotton picker, leaves a baby boy
with friendly country couple and never returns for him.
2. Boy is nicknamed Elvis because he is constantly singing like Elvis
and imitating Elvis. In school, he uses the family name of the people
who have adopted him, a Mr. & Mrs. Jones. Elvis Jones is made fun of
all through his school years because of his dressing up in flashy
clothes and wears his hair like Elvis Presley.
3. Leaving his rural home after high school graduation, he has a long
talk with his adopted father, Mr. Jones who tells him the story of how
a Mrs. Presley (thats all they knew her by) had left him with them and
never returned. Elvis decides to use his real mother's name and calls
himself, Elvis Presley. From the small Arkansas town where he grew
up, Elvis leaves in an old beat up convertible Cadillac to go to
Branson, Missouri to get a job in the music business.
4. After a hard time getting started, Elvis is a success in Branson
and becomes the warmup act for one of the big country western stars
there. Elvis and falls in love with Priscilla Swartz. An agent see
Elvis preform and books him for big buck into a casino in Las Vegas.
5. In Las Vegas Elvis becomes an Elvis impersonator. When asked his
name, he sincerely always gives it as Elvis Presley.
6. Elvis gets in trouble through some dealings with a group of con
men. He is arraigned on charges of fraud. Priscilla marries him in a
small Las Vegas chapel so that she cannot be forced to testify against
7. It is Christmas time in Las Vegas. Elvis' attorney is laying in
bed with some bimbo watching an old late night movie "Miracle on 34th
Street." He sees how the mail proved the authenticity of Santa Claus
and walla, he gets an idea for defending Elvis.
8. Positive Aspects and Gimmicks: Ready made audience, interest
created by Elvis postage stamp proves ready made audience. Large and
general following of Elvis watchers. Elvis sightings is a natural comical event.
9. Locations: Branson, Las Vegas and Hollywood.
10. Musical Score: Many old Elvis Presley songs recreated for the
individual scenes in the movie. RCA should have some interest in this.
Return to He Thinks He's Elvis start page.